Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Program
To provide a post-graduate intensive clinical and didactic program for physician assistants and nurse practitioners that promotes evidence-based, high quality, and cost-effective emergency care. Through an innovative approach, this fellowship will build on the basic educational preparation accomplished through the graduate academic curriculum. Fellows will acquire enhanced clinical proficiencies to promote a successful transition to practice through an interprofessional approach among a team of highly qualified emergency care providers and collaboration with other specialties.
Goals of the Fellowship
- To promote competency and readiness to practice in the highly specialized, complex, and demanding emergency care environment.
- To foster and facilitate the knowledge and skill set required to practice as a competent member of the interprofessional emergency care team through structured didactic and clinical education.
- To educate and train fellows in the specialized skills and procedures required for competent emergency care across the population continuum.
- To facilitate independence in evidence-based, cost-effective clinical decision-making and demonstrated improved patient outcomes.
- To recruit and retain competent advanced practice providers.
Dr. Kathleen Jordan, DNP, MS, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, ENP-C, SANE-P, FAEN
Patrick DeVane, MS, PA-C
Assistant Fellowship Director
John Murphy, MS, PA-C
Advanced Practice Provider Director